Friday, December 09, 2016

The Escape

[A Star Wars parody of "The Trial" by Pink Floyd]

I somehow survived my fall
I grabbed a weathervane on the bottom of this Bespin city
Oh, help me, Ben, please, will you help me?
Ben, please will you tell me Vader's not my father?
Oh, Leia, help

Millennium Falcon!

I know we're free of Bespin, but we must go back
Chewie, turn the ship around 'cause I can take us right to Luke
So don't worry 'bout those fighters
Do you see him hanging?
Chewie, get us underneath
Lando, get him on the ship

Beaten
Why didn't you tell me?
I am beaten
Surely he's lying
Darth Vader's my father and I fade away

Beaten
Why didn't you tell him?
He is beaten

Luke, here's a kiss, you are safe now
I hope you will get better soon
Don't have to talk, I have to go, but I'll be back soon--oh no!
There's a Star Destroyer, start the hyperdrive, it's now or never
"It's not my fault! They said they fixed it!"
The hyperdrive is broke

Artoo!
Why don't we just go to lightspeed?
How d'you know it's deactivated?
Artoo, you know better than to trust a strange computer
I am standing here in pieces
But you have delusions of grandeur

Beaten
That's Vader's ship there
I am beaten
It's my destiny--no
There must have been some truth there in his words
Since I feel it

Beaten
Luke doesn't look good
He is beaten

The end is near because my men switched off the hyperdrive
They'll be in range of the tractor beam in moments
In all my years of fighting, I have never felt before
Someone more deserving of the full benefit of my care
The way I made her suffer
My exquisite wife, your mother
Fills me with the urge to compensate
But, my son, you'll be captured and be mine
Prepare the boarding party and set weapons for stun
Capture that ship!

Capture that ship
Capture that ship, capture that ship
Capture that ship, capture that ship
Capture that ship, capture that ship
Capture that ship, capture that ship
Capture that ship, capture that ship

Fix the hyperdrive, fix the hyperdrive
Fix the hyperdrive--

No comments: