Friday, November 11, 2005

But what do I do next year?

Last night, the UTHRs had a "Leader Celebration" -- a little party to honor everybody who has led hikes, backpacking trips, scrambles, cross-country skiing, rock-climbing, or organized things such as social hikes, potlucks, pubnights, games nights, book club, etc.

I won the award for most outings led in the past year, which was six official hikes, three official backpacking trips, and one unofficial backpacking trip. I think the next closest was around four or five total hikes. They gave me a fleece vest with the Mountaineers logo.

The only reason I led so many hikes this summer because nobody else was going where I wanted to go! I'd read the hike selection and think "boring, boring, boring" and pick a really cool place like Panhandle Gap or Sahale Arm or Ingalls Lake or Robin Lakes and then just sit back while people signed up to join me.

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

Congratulations! It was very nice of your UTHRS friends to recognize you for your contributions to their organization. And I'm sure lots of UTHRS members had some grand trips and saw some great scenery that otherwise they would have missed. :)