Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Green Desert - Chapter 3.5.1 - Séara


I threw open the front door and raced out. My car was gone! The fugitives had taken it. I felt my pocket. I still had the keys. I holstered my gun, but it didn’t go in––the gun I took from the cute foreigner––so I just kept my gun out.

My eyes drifted to the highway. My car sat there, alongside the road. The tow truck was doing a u-turn in the road. What was that dumbass Tamé thinking, towing my car? That had to be against the law.

I strode down the cement path to the driveway. Even if it weren’t illegal, I could scare him a bit. How dare he?

Tamé started backing his truck up the driveway at me. What now? I walked across the gravel to intercept.

The fugitives. I had to find the fugitives. They weren’t out front here––unless they were hiding in the bushes. I stopped, peered around. No movement in the brush. They wouldn’t’ve run this direction anyway. They were either still in the house or racing northward across the desert out back.

I glared at Tamé as he stopped his truck back-to-back with the white van.

I should call for backup, but it was Tépíto’s day off. I could handle it by myself. And that Bhanar was helping. I shot another dirty look at Tamé and ran back to the house. Past the front door, a small path led around the corner of the building. I took it at a full sprint.

No comments: