Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for natural alarm clocks, sunny days in autumn, days off work, sunrises reflecting off the bottom of clouds, Mt. Rainier, and (of course) friends, family, and . . . chocolate.

Mmm. . . chocolate.

Here's what I saw when I cracked open my eyes this morning:

FoggySunrise

I, of course, ran to get my camera and then stood on my balcony in the cold for several minutes, snapping fifty or more pictures.

FoggyRainier

It feels like it's been forever since I've seen Mt. Rainier in the morning. We've been stuck in a fog for weeks. But I think it's finally disappated for good.

FogGoneClouds

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

FogGoneClouds2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee - we're still waiting for the fog to lift. And now it's rain/sleet/misting . . . :( But the turkey smells good!! happy thanksgiving!! love, aunt d

Alyssa said...

Those pics are absolutely gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, and do you like your flickr pro account? I was thinking of getting one…

Sotosoroto said...

The fourth picture is real, sort of. My camera has a hard time with accurate color balance of sunrises/sunsets. The clouds weren't nearly that orange, but they did have some color to them. (The other picture like that I took, after I adjusted the color balance, has the clouds looking white!) But I didn't mess with the picture after the camera took it, so it's real. (-;

I got the flickr pro account so I could store more than 200 images. Other than that, I'm not sure what good it is.