Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Green Desert - Chapter 3.2.5 - Bhanar


“You! Put your hands where I can see them.”

Tamé must’ve done as she asked, because her eyes shifted back to me. “Keep them up, boy.” She shifted her gun to just one hand and slowly stepped towards me, nostrils flaring and brow furrowed. Her brown hair was pulled back tight from a smooth-skin tan face. “No sudden moves.” She reached at me with her free hand.

What the hell was she doing? My arms tingled. I couldn’t keep them up forever. And now she was going to tickle me. Her hand headed for my crotch. The snout of her gun encompassed my vision. What the hell was she going to do? My blood pulsed hard.

In one quick motion, the young policewoman lunged forward and back, something hard and metal sliding up out of my shorts. The gun. I still had had the gun. How stupid was that?

She glanced at the gun she just took from me, then shoved it in her holster. Her shoulders relaxed. She chewed her lower lip again, flicked her long, dark eyelashes. Her gun still pointed at me, she demanded, “What’s your name?”

“Bhanar Narak.” I tried to smile peacefully.

She frowned. “You called.”

I nodded. “Zhíno is in one of the back rooms. Mrs. Kılímı called it the sanctuary.”

The policewoman’s frown deepened. “What do you mean, ‘sanctuary’?”

I shrugged. “That’s what she said.”

No comments: