Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Green Desert - Chapter 7.4.2 - Sétıpímo


Miss Parızada wrinkled her nose in a frown. I paused with my hand on the cold metal doorknob.

“Are you sure they raped you?” The blonde seemed uncertain. Vata had been acting strange, but the Kılímos didn’t seem like the raping type. They didn’t seem physically capable.

Fírí shook her head. “That part I remember.”

I nodded. “Very well.” I swung open the door. A large room. A circle of torches. A large square stone in the center. Vata Kılímí crouching beside a bloody mess. Apparently she was home. She looked at us over her shoulder.

“I have a search warrant, Mrs. Kılímí.” I pulled it from my pocket.

The old lady stood slowly, a bloody knife gripped in her right hand. Her eyes narrowed to slits.

“What is this room for, Mrs. Kılímí?” I tucked away the warrant. She obviously didn’t care to see it.

“That’s the altar they raped me on.” Miss Parızada squeezed past me and hobbled down the two creaky wood steps. Vata’s face tensed up, her hand shaking. The girl stopped outside the circle of flame. “They drugged me, stripped me naked, and raped me on that altar.”

Vata hissed, “Never.” She shook her head. “We healed you. We helped you. And your boyfriend.”

I leaned against the doorframe. “In what way did you help Zhíno Zhudıro, Mrs. Kılímí?”

No comments: