Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Green Desert - Chapter 8.2.3 - Fírí


Sévo glared at me, hand extended.

“Fine!” I chucked the knife behind me. It clattered against something and fell to the dirt. I grabbed Vata’s shoulder. “Let’s go, you old bitch.”

Her face still sagged. Sévo put his gun away, still eyeing me.

“What are you looking at me for? She’s the evil one here. The rapist.”

“Come on, Mrs. Kılímí.” He stepped forwards, knocked my hand away, and gently guided Vata towards the door.

Okay. I wouldn’t kill her. I’d wait for the trial. I’d get her put away for the rest of her life. Which in her case would only be a few years. Pétíso! I really wanted to kill her now. Why’d Sévo have to stop me? Why’d he have to show up with that gun? I should’ve just killed her anyway. He wouldn’t’ve shot me. Not a goody-two-shoes like Sévo. Dammit!

I limped across the chapel to the hallway. Let those three handle Vata. I still had to get the boxes to Gogzhuè. Somehow. Drive off in Bhanar’s truck? Gogzhuè’s goons wouldn’t still be at the meeting point, surely. Not a day after the fact. I hobbled down the hall.


But if I waited for the goons to show up, they’d just kill me, no questions asked. Dammit. I was screwed.

I should’ve just killed that old hag.

No comments: