Friday, April 28, 2006

People scare me.

One of my old posts is getting an ever-increasing number of hits on the Google Image search engine. I'm afraid it might soon surpass my _Restaurant at the End of the Universe_ movie post as the most searched page of mine. I know what you're thinking: it's the nude beach picture without anybody in it (or the beach that's not a nude beach but Google Image thinks it is), but you'd be wrong.

It's a _Green Desert_ chapter starting with a picture of Zhíno. (Well, not actually Zhíno, since he's just a character. It's a picture of some random model whose photo is on Corbis in the model-released, royalty-free section.)

I can't tell what people are doing photo searches for, since Sitemeter cuts off the end of the url (they only keep a certain number of characters) which is where Google Image keeps the search terms, but there are at least several searches to end at this same photo. I've seen "c" and "s" and "fu", which are just the beginnings of the words or phrases they were looking for.

And since that chapter begins with Zhíno cursing the most virulent string of invective I could reasonably produce without plagarizing the Lovett College cheer, I fear for what the searchers hope to find on my blog.

Oh well.

1 comment:

Pedicularis said...

Ha Ha. :)

Okay, I at least chuckled.