Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wincebegone

Four months of walking three miles a day in dress shoes finally caught up with me. For the past week or so, my heels have been hurting gradually worse. A deep pain on the inside of my heel, like the bone itself is sore. Yesterday, though, I bought a pair of Dr Scholls Heel-Pain inserts. While the arch support doesn't quite line up where I want it to (one size fits all, hmph!), the "instant relief" brag on their packaging was accurate enough.

This morning, I not only wore the inserts but also wore walking shoes and carried my dress shoes in my bag. Ah, the comfort! I wonder how long it will be before I forget why I'm using the inserts. . .

2 comments:

Pedicularis said...

Superfeet. The answer is Superfeet, not Dr. Sholl's inserts. $30, REI or any athletic shoe store. They will work in the dress shoes as well as your favorite walking shoes.

Sotosoroto said...

Superfeet aren't squishy soft like the ones I got. I have superfeet in my hiking boots, but those aren't much better than regular insoles (except for the support).

Hiking and running haven't hurt my heels, because those were in proper shoes. It's just the pretty European shoes I wear to work...