Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Green Desert - Chapter 5.3.2 - Bhanar


“Sorry about that,” I said to Séara.

She blinked several times, like she was clearing the fuzz from her brain. “That’s all right. I’m supposed to be arresting him.”

I glanced up at the trail, but saw only trees and bushes. “Don’t worry. He will not go anywhere.”

“His girlfriend did.” She wiped her cheeks with her black uniform’s sleeve.

“But she took the horse. Only one horse. And he is naked.” I smirked, imagining Zhíno finding the highway and trying to wave down passing cars while stark naked. He probably wouldn’t cover himself and the police would come arrest him for indecent exposure. And only after they got him would they know he was wanted for killing a cop.

“Maybe you should give him your shorts.”

I looked Séara in her deep, brown eyes. She was serious. My shorts? All I had underneath were my briefs. I’d almost rather be naked. “You are not serious, are you? If he has shorts, he will be more. . .” I could never think of the right word in Sarıman. “Confident. He will run.”

“I don’t think so.” She stared up through the rustling green leaves to where Zhíno and Pí‘oro’s body should be. Her tan neck stretched elegantly. “I’m not so sure he killed that patrolman. He doesn’t seem violent.”

What?! “He shot at me twice, waved guns around. I saw him driving the state patrol car. How else did he get it?”

She frowned at me, cute pouty lips. “Are you sure?”

2 comments:

Pedicularis said...

"Cute pouty lips" !!!

My visual image was Lisa Rinna. :)

Sotosoroto said...

Something like that. But younger. (-;