Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No laurel-resting allowed

I finished writing Green Desert on Sunday, sixteen pages in one day, my most prolific day on this novel ever, even beating the great muse days of September.

And then I immediately began moving furniture around, taking stuff off the walls, and generally preparing to paint my living room. When I got to my desk, though, this activity started looking a lot like cleaning and organizing. I ran out of power. Monday morning (a holiday, don't ya know?), I resumed the cleaning. By noon, though, I was flat on my back again. Not enough energy. Ugh.

But I managed to get my television system, stereo system, dining room table and chairs, coffee table, cds, plants, and all assorted decorations into my bedroom. Still a lot of big furniture in the living room, but it's away from the walls. Now I just need to plastic it down and start painting! Oh, and do the dishes. And did you know fridges come with wheels?

6 comments:

Pedicularis said...

Yes, but refrigerators can only roll front and back.

Are you still sick?

As I drove to work yesterday, I realized that I have never worked for a company with a President's Day holiday. Hmmmf.

Sotosoroto said...

I'm all better now. Today's the first day in a week without decongestant.

Alyssa said...

Wheels eh? What else comes with wheels that I don't know about.

Glad your feeling better.

Pedicularis said...

Yes, glad to hear you are better.

So, Alyssa, you want us to guess what you don't know? Don't you know what you don't know? ;)

Just think, before Soto's post, you didn't know that you didn't know about frigs with wheels, but now you know that you don't know how many other things might have wheels. :)

But, as I am ever willing to play a game, let me guess some obscure things that have wheels that you might not have noticed have wheels: How about freezers, clothes washers and dryers, big toolboxes, built-in dishwashers, dumpsters, portable generators, gantry cranes at seaports, or the space shuttle launch tower? On the other hand, did you know some airplanes have skis instead of wheels, or skis with retractable wheels?

Sotosoroto said...

*My* washer and dryer don't have wheels. )-:

Pedicularis said...

You got me! Now that you mention it, neither do mine. They just slide nice on the linoleum floor.