Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Green Desert - Chapter 5.2.3 - Fírí


I’d almost hobbled all the way across the yard when the kitchen door opened. A young policeman with dark hair and a round face said, “What’s wrong?”

I limped the last few meters, saying, “My name’s Fírí Parızada. I’m Zhíno Zhudıro’s girlfriend. The Kılímos kidnapped us, drugged us, and raped us. And they sacrifice animals in their house.”

He stared, eyes wide. “Um.”

“That’s what all these animals are for. They kill them! In their ‘chapel.’ Ask her about their ‘chapel.’ That’s where they raped me.”

The policeman looked over his shoulder. A second later, he stepped back, holding the door for me. I climbed the few steps, my left heel getting sore, into the kitchen.

Another cop, tall and blond, stood to my left. An old man, bald with a white moustache and a tweed sportscoat, sat at the table. Vata and the young cop stood to my right.

The tall blond cleared his throat. “You’re Fírí Parızada?”

“Yes. Zhíno Zhudıro’s girlfriend.” Ex-girlfriend.

“Do you know where he is?”

“In a gully a couple kilometers that way.” I waved my hand behind me. “Pí‘oro Kılímo carried us both there unconscious. But I escaped.”

The old man at the table interrupted. “Vata, could we search your house?”

“No!” She shook her head, her eyes big. “No, sir.”

I glanced at her, the old man. “I’ll show you.” I brushed past the dark-haired cop and the old woman. “I’ll show you where they raped me.”

No comments: