Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nike

Yesterday, I was in Portland (well, Beaverton actually) for a full-day seminar on LEED Green Building certification. It was at the Nike world headquarters (like Microsoft, but with more shoes). We had a short tour before lunch and I snapped a few pictures.

03-GriffeySampras

All the buildings are named for athletes, and I'm pretty sure they only picked Nike spokespersons. Our seminar was in the Tiger Woods building. Michael Jordan is over on the older side of campus. Mia Hamm got the biggest building on campus:
02-MiaHamm
Maybe this is because she's the only woman they have?

Here's the Lance Armstrong Center (swimming pool, climbing rock, etc.):
04-LanceArmstrong
That's the group I'm supposed to be listening with. I think the guide is talking about the great renovated creek this bridge is going over. Or maybe the big windows that allow all daylighting inside the building.

07-LakeNike
Along one part of the shore of Lake Nike (six acres) is a Japanese garden. A jogging path goes over that bridge.

I have a few other pictures on Flickr, too, if you care to see them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding that would be a very fine place to work. spend every break wandering around outside!

Anonymous said...

So were you bored with the guided tour?

Sotosoroto said...

The tour was only fifteen minutes long. I didn't have time to get bored. I was too busy enjoying the momentary freedom of being outdoors.