Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Can't forget Seattle

I might as well finish off my voters' pamphlet and state my opinions on the Seattle races, even though the sum total of all Seattleites reading this blog is probably . . . one.

Seattle Mayor: Al Runte. He wants to rebuild the Alaska Way viaduct above ground and cancel public funding for Paul Allen's streetcar. And he's not the incumbent.

City Council seat 2: Paige Miller. Her opponent, the incumbent, is endorsed by all the big-name liberals.

City Council seat 4: Jan Drago. She may be the incumbent, but her opponent does not inspire confidence. Or maybe it's his support by the Teamsters. . .

City Council seat 6: Nick Licata. Oddly enough, neither candidate lists his endorsements. So I guess it comes down to Licata's opponent's poor use of all-caps.

City Council seat 8: Dwight Pelz. Both candidates chose a wide variety of text styles, including bold, underline, italics, and bold with underline; but only Pelz's opponent, the incumbent, uses all-caps--as well as bold italics all-caps with underline! Issues? The incumbent has been a champion for government handouts. Pelz has helped get Sound Transit fiscally viable.

Advisory Measure 1: No. Or rather, Hell no, if such an option existed on the ballot. Health care is not a basic human right.

Seattle School District Director: I never remember which of these I get to vote on. I don't think it's all of them. I got a campaign postcard from one candidate, so I'm guessing I'm in her district. Jane Fellner. The incumbent organized against charter schools.

Monorail Board seat 8: Beth Goldberg. Yes, I will hold the incumbent's words against her.

Monorail Board seat 9: Cleve Stockmeyer. The other guy wants to kill the project.

Monorail Proposition 1: Yes. Build something!

Monorail Proposition 2: Yes. Democracy good.


No comments: