Saturday, October 29, 2005

Green Desert - Chapter 2.4.5 - Vata


Fírí fled the room, tracking dirt down the hallway carpet. I sighed. Extra vacuuming, at the least.

I set the knife on the altar at Zhíno’s feet. Maybe I should go see what was keeping Pí‘oro. I couldn’t think what would take him so long to bring one of our dogs. Maybe he stopped to chat with the strange foreign boy. That would be just like him.

“Please raise your arms, dear.”

Zhíno did, with no flinches or grimaces, laying his injured arms on the rock above his head. I grasped the lower hem of his tshirt on either side and pulled it up his chest. It caught at his shoulders, but Zhíno sat up slightly and it came free. I carefully slipped the shirt past his bandages, even though I knew he felt no pain. He could still be damaged. I folded the torn and dirty shirt and set it on the shelf outside the circle.

Next were his shoes and socks, which did not smell pleasantly. I set them beside the shirt. Pí‘oro was inexcusably late. He should be doing this. I unzipped Zhíno’s trousers and removed them. The young man smiled peacefully. At least my husband’s tardiness caused no pain.

Last off came Zhíno’s boxers. I smirked. The larger they are in the mouth, the smaller they are in the pants. I folded the shorts and set them on the pile of clothing.

Zhíno might as well have been asleep.

Elsewhere in the house, I heard yelling. Fírí’s screech, Pí‘oro’s rumble. I sighed. Zhíno could wait. I headed for the door.

No comments: