Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Green Desert - Chapter 2.3.1 - Fírí


Zhíno pointed his gun towards me with his bandaged hand. “Give me the fucking keys, bitch.” His eyes glinted a dark smile. His shoulders swayed with bravado. He was just acting.

I snarled, “No. One way or another, I’m keeping the keys.” Either with him or without him, I’d leave in five minutes. “You’re not ditching me here, that’s for damn sure.” I couldn’t hold the angry face any longer. I grinned.

Zhíno lowered the gun and Vata moved sideways, out from between us, not looking at me. My crazy boyfriend whined, “But we already missed the delivery time. If we don’t get there pronto, they’re going to hunt us down and kill us.” Well, kill him, anyhow. I didn’t think they knew I existed. It was all Zhíno’s plan. It was all Zhíno’s dream. He pouted like a puppy dog. “You don’t drive fast enough.”

I fingered the keys in my pocket. Should I go get my suitcase or should I just run out the door now? I wanted to leave that instant, but I needed my shoes. All of them.

Pí‘oro cleared his throat. “Why don’t you call your friends and tell them you’re running late?”

Zhíno spun on the old man, jabbing his gun. “Shut up and stay out of this, dumbfuck.”

I stepped forwards. “He has a point, baby. They’ll call off the hounds if we––”

“Shut up, bitch.”

I sighed. Zhíno was a real stubborn jackass sometimes.

No comments: