Friday, October 28, 2005

Green Desert - Chapter 2.4.3 - Zhíno


I was at peace, floating on this magical flat rock. No pain. No agony. No troubles.

“Get up, Zhíno! We’re leaving.” Fírí, overemotional like normal. She yanked on my left shoulder.

I stayed glued to the comforting rock.

“Get up!” She yanked again, then tugged my feet.

I held firm. “No. Do as she says, Fírí. This is . . . unbelievable.”

Fírí paused. “What the hell did you give him?”

Vata calmly replied, “Nothing, dear. Merely being in the lingering shadow of Névazhíno’s presence is enough to calm most people.

Calm was an understatement. I was downright mellow, on clouds, the world a fog.

“Then why the fuck ain’t I calm?”

Vata sighed. “I do not know. Last night, He seemed to have an effect on you.”

“Fírí, leave,” I whispered.

“What?” She spun on me.

“You are a beautiful person, inside and out. You are concerned for me. Don’t be. The pain is gone. Do as she says.” I breathed in the cellar-cool air. “Do as she says.”

Fírí backed away, feet scuffing dirt.

I murmured, “It will be all right, dear.”

Rustle of cloth, bare feet slapping dirt, stomping on a wood step. Fírí ran away. Hopefully she would understand.

Silence.

No comments: