Friday, March 17, 2006

Bowling & B-ball

Caffeine definitely keeps you awake better than alcohol. Bowling league last night, in which my second-game score has quite frequently dropped below 100 due to fatigue. But instead of beer, I drank Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew. I rolled a 135 and a 140. Yay! . . . But neither score counted on our scoresheet because two men on my team bowled better than me both games. Oh well. At least I can roll the ball in a straight line. (-:

And just as our game was wrapping up, I saw San Diego State get beat by Indiana in the final seconds. Boo! And just before I left home to drive to the bowling alley, I saw Wilmington fail to break the tie in the final seconds. George Washington ended up winning that game in overtime. Boo! But Texas A&M beat Syracuse, so I at least got one upset right.

I guessed three, four occurred, and I only got one right. Do I count that as 1 of 4, 1 of 3, or 1 of 6?

I didn't pick any upsets in today's games, so go whiteshirts!

2 comments:

Pedicularis said...

I vaguely recall (from 1967) that my best bowling score was 166 (assuming they still score bowling the same way 40 years later!). You are happy to roll the ball in a straight line, but have you noticed that the good bowlers like to throw curve balls (perhaps hook is the correct term)? Something about better chances of a strike.

You guessed three upsets and 29 non-upsets out of 32 games? So you missed on three upsets and three non-upsets. So you correctly guessed the outcomes of 26 games out of 32. Pretty good!

Are they still on track for a Husky-Husky game? BTW, I have just discovered that the UConn Huskies derive their name from a play on words (Yukon). As opposed the UW being the gateway to Alaska.

Sotosoroto said...

I got five wrong out of the first sixteen games, so 9/16 not 26/32. Of today's first four games (still in the first round), I'm 2/4.