Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Changing beige to gray

I've almost finished painting my condo. Just the blue wall in the living room and then the trim. Last night was the green paint's turn. Six tiny walls, some of them just a few square feet, more edges than field. Nyargh.

Green
This is at the ceiling above the cabinets above the kitchen sink. A high-visibility area that seemed an appropriate time to split my attention by taking a photo with one hand while actually painting an edge with the other.

This next one, though, I stopped painting to take. Monday was the gray day. One big wall and a couple small ones. It took only a half hour longer than the green. I noticed last night that I missed a couple spots, though. . .
GrayBeige

When I first moved into my condo, I had the idea to paint something Narakan on the wall. So I wrote a Zhianoso-centric history of the universe and how it pertained to the glory of the kingdom of Naraka, translated it into Narakan, and painted it on my living-room wall in a big heptagon. And now I had to paint that wall white. I used a tape measure and pencil to get the tape in the right spots and just rollered over the tape. The edge doesn't look too bad, but I plan to go back with a thin black line to hide the irregularities.
Heptagram
See how ugly and dark that beige was? Not so dark as the gray, though! . . . And the blue is darker yet. Mwa-ha-ha! Death to beige!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Death to beige!!! When I picked out my sofa color, the Ethan Allen lady kept showing me beige/tan colors. Blech!

Dude, I know you're not that hairy, but that close up makes you look Robin Williams-hairy. Weird!