Wednesday, March 08, 2006

plastic bag hat

The man at the sandwich shop suggested I use a plastic bag as a rainhat/umbrella. I think he was serious.

True, it was colder/wetter than I expected by glancing out the window, but after walking 3/8 of a mile to the shop, my shirt was more dry than wet (or at least still 50/50). He commented on the rain and I said that maybe I should've brought my umbrella (which I carried to work this morning w/o opening). And then he gave me a plastic bag, holding it over his head. I laughed and took the bag.

When the sandwich came, I stuck it (and its brown paper bag) into the plastic bag. He called to me as I went out the door and mimed holding the plastic bag above my head.

Don't worry. I'm all warm and dry now. Even the sweat from the jalapenos has evaporated. . .

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Havent you heard? Plastic bag hats are very "in" this season.