Thursday, March 09, 2006

Green Desert - Chatper 6.3.2 - Bhanar


I raced around the helicopter to find Séara staring at the pilots from up close.

“Are they alive?”

“The pilot is.” She dropped to a crouch and reached through the broken cockpit window.

The pilot’s closed eyes pierced me, burned a hole into my soul.
“The copilot, too.”

I released a long breath. I didn’t need any more death around me, even if none of it was my fault.

The pilot moaned. Séara jerked her gaze up at him. He suddenly raised his right arm to his face, wiped blood off his dark-brown skin.

“Míkoízo, are you okay?” The brunette didn’t seem to even notice my presence anymore. Only her fellow deputies mattered.

The pilot opened his eyes. “Séara, are they okay?”

Feet pounded the sand behind me. I turned and saw Umo and the other guy staring past me. But Umo quickly yanked off his sunglasses and said, “Your Majesty, how can we help?”

He was serious about this royalty crap. Maybe I could use that. Boss him around a bit.

The skinnier guy with greasy hair shifted from one foot to the other, grimacing at the blood behind me. Or maybe it was a smile.

Séara didn’t want my help. That was clear.

“Zhíno escaped. Let’s go find him.”

Both suited men smiled.

No comments: