Thursday, March 09, 2006

Last Thursday

I don't know if you noticed or not, but I didn't post last Thursday. That was because I caught a 6:45 a.m. flight to San Jose, California, and didn't get back to Seattle till 9:40 p.m. or so. Business trip. But since I finally finished painting, here are some photos from the flight.

For starters, clouds over Washington or Oregon. Somewhere.
00-Columbia

Once in California, the clouds thinned out and I could easily see the ground. And the ocean. This next photo is the north end of the San Andreas Fault rift zone. The peninsula in the foreground is moving north (to the left).
01-Tomales

In this one, you can see the southern end of that same valley (the bay in the photo), still just north of San Francisco.
02-Bolinas

And here's a famous bridge (I forget the name) from really far away.
03-GoldenGate

At the southern end of San Francisco Bay, salt evaporation ponds flank the sloughs and rivers flowing north into the bay.
04-Alviso

05-SanJose

Welcome to California!

2 comments:

Pedicularis said...

Last Thursday? March 2? What an odd coincidence. I did a day trip to LA the same day. I set the alarm for 3:40 AM, caught a 6 AM flight from SeaTac to LAX, took a taxi to downtown LA, spent about 5 solids hours in meetings, took a taxi back to LAX, and caught the 6:46 PM flight back to SeaTac, landed at 9:20 PM and got home at 10:10 PM. Makes for a LOOONG day.

Sotosoroto said...

Wow! A half-hour apart going through SeaTac both times.

And it's definitely a loooong day. I put 17.5 hrs on my timesheet. Not my longest day, though. I had over 20 for a trip to Portland once.