Thursday, March 09, 2006

Carpet!

Last night, I spent a couple hours doing touch-up painting and then it was time to pull back the plastic. And what did I find underneath? Carpet!

10-Carpet

And tile, too!

I still have to replace the lightswitch/outlet coverplates, put the blinds back on the sliding glass door, move all the furniture back into location, and probably touch-up paint some spots I haven't noticed yet (I actually painted part of the ceiling after I took away the plastic last night and part of the closet door this morning!), but here's what my place looks like from the entry door:

11-Entry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks to be a great color scheme. Hope you will post lots of pictures of the finished project! How many different colors did you end up using? You have an amazing eye for color, form, etc as is evidenced in your photos in general.

Pedicularis said...

Hmm, looks like a Narakan color scheme (like the flag). Could that be true, Soto? Can you post a photo of the Naraka flag for comparison? In there any truth to the rumor that the Narakan flag colors are based on the Seattle SeaHawks uniform colors? ;)

Sotosoroto said...

You're right. It is the Narakan colors. I should get the Narakan flag somewhere on this site...

But there's no truth to the Seahawks colors rumor (and you're not the first to mention that to me). The blue is for the waters of Mufinopono, the green is for the trees of Karasaletu, and the gray is for the rocks of Tekasara.