Thursday, March 23, 2006

smells like sun

Even though it was overcast when I woke up this morning, I knew it would be a sunny day, just by looking at it. I could even see the mountain, white on white in the distance, so it was just high clouds, bound to burn off in an hour of direct sunlight.

Walking to work, it just smelled like it was going to be a warm, sunny day, despite the fact it was still in the mid-40s. It smelled like the kind of day, if I were in the mountains in July, that I'd be thinking of which lake to go swimming in that afternoon. It smelled like it'd be a scorcher.

Sadly, it's not July and I'm not in the mountains. I'm in my office with a view of the mall. But it's looking more and more like a sunny day.

5 comments:

Pedicularis said...

How many days a week are you walking to work? Sounds really healthy. And "Green".

Sotosoroto said...

I think I'm averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.5 times per week.

Not only is it healthier for me, it's healthier for my car. Five-minute drives aren't good.

Sotosoroto said...

Oh well. It's not going to get sunny after all. But it's quite warm outside today. Above 60! (No laughing, Alyssa.)

Alyssa said...

Above 60! Ha! Thats heavy jacket weather.

I wish it was sunny here.. the azaleas are blooming and im dying to get out and take some pictures.

Pedicularis said...

Go for it! You'll get better pictures when it is not sunny. The shadows on the flowers are not as dark, and show up better on film or on bits.